Friday, December 3, 2010

#361 Honey Chicken over Snow Pea Rice


I am so proud of myself tonight!!!!!! This was so good, I just about cried! I was running around the house like a loonie yelling "I made this! I made this!" Alyssa thought I had gone nuts and then she and then Jensen felt left out, so they all danced with me. It was like real Chinese take out. All of the Asian foods Rachael made in this book turned out great, but this was so freaking good! I almost didn't make this because I wasn't sure how it would turn out. I would've have someone over if I had known it was going to be so good. I have to calm myself down.........................

Okay I'm calm. so, I learned more things tonight. She cooked the rice with stock, add extra liquid and a few minutes before it was cooked, you put your snow peas(or any veggies you are going to cook) and place them on top of the rice and put the lid back on, don't mix it in. The moisture from the rice steams the veggies, and times it great so that when the rice is finished, the peas are perfectly cooked with just the right amount of crunch. Then you toss the rice and snow peas together. I sliced them thin so I could get Jensen to eat them.

The chicken was cooked in SPOG, ginger, onion, red pepper flakes, and honey. After the chicken is cooked, you put some stock in and make a paste with a splash of cold water and some cornstarch in a bowl, at the cornstarch mixture and it immediately gets nice and saucy just right for this kind of thing. Add some lemon juice and scallions and that is your awesome chicken. It tastes so good, just don't put in too much ginger. Only two recipes to go, and I am finished. I actually made one last week, but I was in a rush and it ended up being so different.

1 comment: