Sunday, December 19, 2010

#366 Christmas Pasta




Hey!!! This is the last one!!! Heidi or my dad-in-law was taking the picture I can't remember, but they were all there for me to support me and party on with me. The crappy part was that Alyssa was really sick that day, and so Justin had to stay home with her, and Jensen didn't go either, so it was just me. A lot of people might think that's weird to hang out with your in-laws without the person that GAVE you in-laws. But I am really close to Justin's family and them being there for me and helping be a part of some dumb thing I did meant more to me than they will ever know. They could have said, "dude I don't care about Rachel's stupid blog," but they all made sure they were there they brought stuff to share and didn't even blink an eye. That's how important family is to them. And I was really touched that they seemed to be as excited as I was to celebrate it with me. So, thank you guys. I love you all very much. I never realized how lucky I am to have such loving supportive fun in-laws to share my life with!




So, now that that is out of the way (and enjoy it, 'cause I won't probably say that too often. =) Let's talk about how dinner was. We did a pasta party. I provided all different kinds of pasta along with the #366 dinner, and I had every family bring a different kind of pasta sauce. We had lots of martinellis, salad, garlic bread, and the best fudge I've ever had, thanks to Emily.This was a pasta sauce paired with rigatoni. The sauce had the basis of a very deep flavorful sauce, with SPOG, olive oil, carrot, crushed tomatoes, beef broth, with some other stuff. The meat was sirloin, sweet and hot sausage, and----ground veal! Never bought the stuff in my life. I had to have the butcher ground some cutlets for me at Harmons. Veal is baby cow and light in color and to me has a mild flavor. Mostly because I couldn't taste it in the dish amongst the other meats. The top was sprinkled with a very expensive block of Romano cheese. I've had a lot of meat sauces that were much better than this, but that is a-okay! I had the traditional Italian anti pasta salad of fresh mozzarella, fresh Roma tomatoes, and fresh basil seasoned with salt, pepper and drizzled with olive oil. Aromatic, but the fresh moist cheese gave me a tummy ache. My stomach is not used to nice fresh food. It's much more happy with junk!

5 comments:

  1. Dude! Congratulations on finishing your blog! I'm so proud you stuck to it even though you hated most the dishes lol Thanks for having us over for some great food and it's been fun reading about your barf ingredients etc. hahaha! and the great pictures. We love having you in our family too! You are a blast! We love you and your adorable family!
    Love, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing! And thanks for letting me know that I'm not that interested in trying Rachael Ray's recipes. Sounds like some were good, but most were just okay or not good. What are you going to do next?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are supposed to be moving in a couple of months, so after we are settled I think I might do my personal progress again. A got it as a teen obviously but a lot of women are doing it over as adults just for fun. I will probably get more out of it at this age then back then, and you get the new silver medallion! Just an idea I had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was such a fun night. Thanks for sharing it with us. Everything tasted so good! Way to go on finishing your blog project. What an accomplishment! I really do need to get myself a hobby :) Can't wait to see you guys over the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea, Rachel! I did it as a youth, but did it again while serving as the YW president and got the medallion last May. It was awesome. I loved doing it - it is not just for teenage girls! So much to get out of it as an adult woman. And yes, the church is encouraging adult women to work on it and be examples, mentors, etc. to the YW! Do you know you can do it online? personalprogress.lds.org. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete