Wednesday, June 2, 2010

#97 Chicken Tortilla Soup with Lime & #99 Chicken, Corn, and Black Bean Stoup











Of all the things Rachael Ray can do, I think her soups are the best. That girl really knows how to make soup! I have always wanted to have a good recipe for Tortilla Soup rather than just buying it already made. And now I finally have one! So, with most of her soups, the base is usually the same, garlic, onion, whatever meat you are using, finely chopped celery, carrots, bell peppers, chicken stock, ground coriander and of course salt and pepper. If you want the soup not so watery, and more like stew, then whisk in a couple tablespoons of flour. And then, depending on what kind of soup it is then you add your spices and other veggies accordingly. The other soup #99 was most of the same ingredients besides the corn, and beans, so I thought I might as well do them together. By the way, I am almost 1/3 done with this "adventure"!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. that looks so good! also looks like a lot of prep, though. ~amy

    ReplyDelete