Monday, May 17, 2010

#74 Turkey Croquettes with Spinach Mashers and Pan Gravy




We had my cousin Cynthia and family over who graduated from culinary school. So, I was in the presence of an actual cook. I hope it wasn't too bad. But, tonight was kind of a weird spin on Thanksgiving dinner. You had your turkey, potatoes, cranberry sauce, your spinach, it was all there except the pumpkin pie. But she brought yummy pineapple upside-down cake which is plenty festive. So, the "weird spin" part was that the turkey was a ground turkey patty loaded with goodies and flavor. After the potatoes were finished you mix a pound of fresh spinach in with the mashed potatoes until it wilts. Add some cream and nutmeg and there you go. I know it sounds gross, but I liked it. It is a good way for your kids to get their greens. You can't taste the spinach and you can't really pick it out either. . I ruined a perfectly good set of mashes potatoes. But, cool idea. I am getting pretty good at making homemade gravy and pan sauce. Which I had never done before I started this project. So, I had fun making this one. Thanks for coming Cynthia, Trevor, and Kaylee.

No comments:

Post a Comment