Wednesday, May 19, 2010

#84 Chicken Francese



What a gorgeous and fragrant chicken dinner this was. However next time I cook breaded chicken, I have to remember to serve it immediately. It gets soggy so fast. This is a (or was supposed to be) kinda like chicken picatta, with the light feel in your mouth. It is breaded and cooked in butter instead of just olive oil. And then tossed in a light sauce before serving. It gives it such a fancy restaurant look. It was soooo beautiful when I flipped these cutlets, I was so excited! They were perfectly golden brown and crisp. It looked like french toast! But by the time I got the picture taken and the table set and cut it with my fork, it had gotten a little tough and was pretty soggy. It still tasted good, to me, but this chicken dish is meant to be a $50 dish at a **** star restaurant (that was "four" star-I wasn't cussing!), and I messed it up. So, it goes to show I have a lot to learn about cooking. Oh well, that's why I'm doing this blog, to learn...right?

3 comments:

  1. that looks so good...no link? ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't find them anymore. I'll keep looking. I hope the packing and the company is going okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite dishes. Just one suggestion I would pound them out out a little thinner but they do look good.

    ReplyDelete