Wednesday, June 9, 2010

#103 Salmon Burgers with Sesame-Crusted French Fries


I am loving seafood the more I do this blog. I have never liked salmon, and I will love it til the day I die. I wish the picture did Nemo justice because he tasted much better than he looks. The fillet broke apart as I was putting it together. The only thing I wish was different about this burger was the salmon needed to be bigger. There was too much bread, maybe if I would have scraped out the inside of the bun. Rachael's recipe called for the raw salmon to be ground up in a food processor with all the other ingredients, but I kept the salmon whole and used the ingredients as a marinate. It tasted really good. It was a mixture of tamari(aged soy sauce) 3 T., fresh ginger 1 inch, scallions 2, green bell pepper 1/2, sesame seeds, garlic 2 cloves, sesame oil 2 t., and steak grill seasoning 2 t. When you put the marinated salmon on the grill, just take the pieces of scallions and pepper off, and you will still get the flavor from it. You don't even need to make a burger from it, just eat the fillet as is with some rice or something, youagonnalikialot!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Waaaah, sad that we missed it. Okay, I'm going to try this recipe and I'll let you know how it goes. Sigh. why does Salmon have to be so pricey???

    Love, Bree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Store bought! All she did with the fries was put some oil and sesame seeds on a few minutes before they were done.

    ReplyDelete