Saturday, June 12, 2010

#113 Ginger-Soy Chicken on Shredded Lettuce




This was really good and very Asian authentic. I hope no Asian person reads this and gets offended, but I wish I had a tortilla to put everything in, because it took sooooo long to eat this. It's really hard to eat shredded lettuce with a fork. Have you ever tried? It's like if you could imagine trying to eat rice with a toothpick, you have to eat it one piece at a time, and you burn more calories trying to eat it. So, I needed something to hold it together. But the chicken was VERY tasty. Thinly slice chicken breasts then sear it with a little oil, and add salt, pepper, a little ginger, garlic, a pinch of red pepper flakes, a few scallions, 1/4 c. tamari, and 3 T. honey, ladle it over a pile of shredded lettuce and welcome to a low-carb-lover's delight!


2 comments:

  1. Dang that sounds amazing! next time you could wrap it in huge pieces of lettuce! I love lettuce wraps! wish I could've come over!!!!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, lettuce wrap. good idea. ~amy

    ReplyDelete